I feel that these past few months are just passing us by so quickly and can’t even believe it’s July.
That being said – another month means more items on my to-do list for my garden. So if you have a home garden make sure to take a look at your zone’s July gardening to-do list to make sure you are on track:
- Hill soil around potatoes and carrots to prevent green shoulders.
- Continue to stake and tie up tall plants, such as raspberries, roses, dahlias, and peas.
- Brighten your home with bunches of cut flowers.
- Don’t cut grass lower than 2 1⁄2 inches tall.
- Water lawns, trees, and shrubs in dry weather.
- Water annuals at least three times a week during periods of intense heat with no rain.
Have you done everything on your list?