I love essential oils and will tell anyone and everyone about them if I get the chance.
Most of the questions I get asked about I usually am pretty quick to give an answer, but the other day I had someone ask me a question about being allergic to essential oils and I honestly wasn’t sure of the answer. I informed them I wasn’t sure but that I’d find out for them. Then I came across this awesome post that was perfect for their question:
Occasionally, a person receiving essential oils claims to have had allergic reaction to them. Such claims are based on a faulty understanding of what constitutes an allergy. While some people occasionally react in an unpleasant manner to the application of an essential oil, such a reaction is never allergenic. Allergies tend to be permanent, often lasting a life-time, while essential oil reactions are temporary. In fact, they are actually therapeutic and indicate the initiation of a cleansing, healing process. (Page 451, 9)
Hopefully for all those with this question have their answers!